1. Flower Petals as Your Aisle Runner Definitely a wonderful way to incorporate flowers into your ceremony! It’s also good if your flower girl isn’t capable of tossing out flowers or if you’re opting not to have one.
2. Table Numbers With MeaningYou can personalize your reception tables by adding something that is meaningful to you and your fiancé; you may add things that match your overall theme or include photos of each of you at a certain age with that corresponding table.
3. Engrave Your Names or Initials in WoodJust like they do in the movies, carve your names or initials into wood! Depending on where you do this, it could become something to hang in your home after the wedding.
4. Incorporating Your Parents’ WeddingsNot only is it romantic, but your parents will appreciate the tribute. You may want to hold pictures of them on their special days for photos; recreate one of their photos; wear your mother’s dress or incorporate a piece of it into yours; or carry the same flowers that they did.
5. Write Each Other Love Letters to Open Just Before the CeremonyThe night before the big day, write each other a love letter about how excited you are to start the rest of your lives together. Then have people in your bridal party swap the letters before the ceremony, read them and fall in love all over again.
6. Wine Box Ceremony, Instead of Candles or SandInstead of the traditional candle or sand ceremonies, opt to create a wine box. This involves each of you crafting letters about why you love the other and what he/she means to you. During the ceremony, place the letters in a box with a bottle of wine and two glass and then lock it. Save the box for a special anniversary or for your first fight.
7. Dance for Just Married CouplesAs a way to include your guests, have the DJ call for a special dance for just married couples. Then have him call out years of those married in increments of five; as each couple hears one that corresponds to their marriage, they sit down. The last couple standing gives their heartfelt advice and wisdom to the bride and groom on how to keep their marriage strong and full of love.
8. Message In/On A BottleYou can’t beat the romantic idea of a message in a bottle. As an alternative guest book, have guests write messages for you and place them in the bottle; you could have them sign the bottle, too!
9. Ring the BellAs tradition goes with weddings, the lucky couple is supposed to kiss every time guests clink glasses. Make your wedding different and have them work a little harder to get that special kiss by placing a bell at the front of the reception for them to ring instead.
10. Adorable SignageA great way to include your bridal party and make it ever so sweet is to let them carry important signs for your wedding, like the ring bearer carrying “Here Comes the Bride” or your bridal party holding a “And they lived happily ever after” sign.
11. Horse & CarriageIn most fairy tales, the happy couple rides off into the sunset in a horse drawn carriage. What could possibly be more romantic for a fairy tale wedding?
12. Meaningful Message on Your CakeYou can spice up your cake a little by having a meaningful message or prayer written on your cake. Romantic and yummy!
13. Get Married Where You Had Your First DateThey say that a first date sets the tone for the relationship… so why not let that set the tone for the rest of your life? Chances are you might be able to get married there — whether it’s a movie theater, park or another special locale. Otherwise, go back for a beautiful wedding day picture!
14. Choreograph & Take Dance Lessons for the First DanceKeep this one a secret and wow your guests with your amazing dance moves!
15. Use Sparklers for PicturesBrighten up your photos at night by using sparklers to write “love,” draw hearts or even write your wedding date!
Should you have any questions about planning the perfect wedding contact Perfect Fairytale Endings. Remember your initial consultation is always complimentary!
Professional Wedding Consultant
Perfect Fairytale Endings
Cambridge, Ohio 43725
Weddings Cambridge, Ohio
Weddings Zanesville, Ohio
Weddings Newark, Ohio
Weddings Marietta, Ohio
Weddings New Philadelphia, Ohio
Weddings St. Clairsville, Ohio