Ok so there are literally thousands of flowers to choose from when planning your wedding. Even though every bride wants her bouquet and centerpieces to be unique and special, there are some flowers that are universally popular.
Here is a top 10 list of some of the most popular flowers used for weddings today.
- The Rose – Surprised? You shouldn’t be; the rose is legendary. Roses are symbolic for love and romance. Roses are also readily available year-round in a beautiful array of colors.
- Hydrangeas – This lovely flower is giving the rose a run for her money in popularity. Their rich, full blooms and abundant petals are fantastic for beautiful bouquets and centerpieces. Hydrangeas are also available year-round as they are grown in “hot houses”.
- Peonies – This gorgeous flower is one of the most sought after wedding flowers. They come in an array of pink, red and white hues. Pay attention they are readily available for a short season of mid-May to mid-July. Outside of this season if you are looking similar to Peonies, check out the Cottage Rose.
- Calla Lilies – These flowers have burst into the wedding scene with their regal trumpet shape. Usually available in classic white, yellow, orange, pink and burgundy. Like the Rose the Calla Lilly offers a mini-version as well. Calla Lilies are both sophisticated and exotic. These flowers are usually available year-round.
- Gerber Daisies – This is a summer wedding favorite with their bright and dynamic colors. Gerber Daisies are strikingly bold in light or bright pink, white, deep or pale yellow, red and orange. They are available year-round. Please remember the stems are extremely delicate and will require either floral wire or Gerber sleeves to strengthen stems.
- Orchids – One of the most exotic flowers in the wedding industry. Their long stems of beautiful blooms add height and accent tall centerpieces or bouquets. Orchids come in a wide variety of pinks, lavenders, reds, yellows and orange. They are available year-round. Orchids are a very delicate flower and make a statement in wedding decorating.
- Tulips – Commonly thought of as the Spring Flower, Tulips are a classic choice for weddings. They symbolize love and affection. Tulips are typically in season from January to May. If you are looking for a Tulip substitute outside of its regular season look to the Lisianthus.
- Lilies – One of the most striking and dramatic wedding flowers. Lilies can definitely add a “wow” factor to your wedding. There are many types of Lilies and come in a variety of vibrant shades. Lilies are available year-round and work well as accents in tall centerpieces and dramatic bouquets.
- Gardenias – This flower is known for its beauty and fragrance. This gorgeous white flower has been a staple in the wedding industry for a long time. Gardenias are fragile and have no stems so they must be glued or wired. They work well floating in centerpieces. Gardenias are quite pricey, if you are looking for a cost-effective substitute consider Stephanotis or white Lisianthus.
- Ranunculus – These blooms are large and layered and come in great shade of white, pink, yellow and orange. Ranunculus is an unusual and cost-effective alternative to Roses or Peonies.
Professional Wedding Consultant
Perfect Fairytale Endings
Cambridge, Ohio 43725